Sunday, April 15, 2007

A New Venture



I was recently contacted by the owner of Gear Down Wear to do a photo shoot for his clothing line, which consists of really cool, hip casual wear. T-shirts, tank tops, shorts, that sort of thing. You know, like for when you just want to relax and have fun. A mutual friend put us together (thank you Danielle of Meant to Be Weddings !) and we went ahead with it. Mark knew I'm not very much experienced in true fashion/commercial photography, but both of us being small business owners and basically just recently having started out, we thought we'd give it a try.

We did it last week on a Saturday in April, when it should have been at least somewhat decent weather, right? NOT. It was 40 degrees and VERY windy. We all froze, but I have to give kudos to ou
r models, who were such incredibly great sports. The poor souls had to model summer clothes in wintery weather. But, I think it was a success. I am very satisfied with the results, as I hope Mark and his group is.

Folks, I saw and touched the clothes, and it is such soft, comfortable material, that I just may pick up a few items myself. The colors are fantastic. Makes me really hate this late winter we're having around here. So go take a peek and tell him what you think.

Oh, and I got to meet Mark's two beautiful twin baby girls when he came by to get the cd's. They have the most amazing eyes.

Anyway, here are some images from that day...




No comments: